A to Z FAN GUIDE
Mask Update as of January 8th 2022
As of January 8th, 2022, the G-League has temporarily reinstated their mask requirement for all guests seated within 15 feet of the court or benches. If you’re sitting in the heart of the action, this policy extends to your seats. This temporary mandate goes into effect with the January 8th game and will remain in place until conditions improve. You’ll be asked to wear your mask upon entering the seating bowl, and to only remove it when actively eating or drinking.
Legacy Arena meets or exceeds all structural and service requirements as stipulated by the applicable law. All levels have elevator access and ADA seating. Wheelchairs are available for patron use and are accessible from the North Atrium Level entry point. A valid driver’s license is required in exchange for a wheelchair. Wheelchairs are not reserved.
Prior to the game, the patron should call the BJCC Box Office at (205) 458-8400 for proper arrangements. Wheelchair accessible seating, semi-ambulatory seating and removable armrest seating are located in various sections and levels throughout Legacy Arena. When requesting tickets, please identify your needs and/or if you need a seating location that is accessible for a standard-sized wheelchair, larger scooter or other mobility device. Guests purchasing a ticket in a wheelchair/accessible seating location may also purchase three (3) companion seats, subject to availability. One (1) companion seat will be adjacent to the wheelchair seat location. The second and third seats will also be adjacent, subject to availability. Please be advised that if they cannot be adjacent, they will be located in the closest available seating location.
ADA Parking is located in the Orange Lot of Legacy Arena. Parking is on a first come, first serve basis. To gain access to accessible parking, proper vehicle registration is required as well as a current disabled placard with a matching identification card.
ADA Drop Off Locations
Drop off is located on 19th St. N. Please use the drive through area just north of the main entrance to Legacy Arena, across 19th St. from the Orange Lot.
Alabama Law prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21. Proper identification must be shown to purchase any alcoholic beverage. All alcohol sales stop at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Animals are prohibited in Legacy Arena with the exception of service animals assisting ADA patrons. All Service animals outlined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are allowed access to Legacy Arena. Click here for a list of the approved service animals.
Baby Changing Stations
Numerous baby changing stations are located in men’s, women’s and family restrooms throughout Legacy Arena.
For the safety of all guests, Legacy Arena has instituted a clear bag policy. ALL BAGS entering the venue must be smaller than 12” x 12” x 6” and be clear and contents visible to security. Any bag, purse, or briefcase that is larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″ will not be allowed into the Legacy Arena. This policy will be strictly enforced, and the Legacy Arena is unable to store oversized or prohibited items. An exception will be made for declared medically necessary items, after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Cinch bags
- Oversized luggage
- Small clutches and purses are permissible and do not have to be clear, provided that they are no larger than 5” x 7”.
Banners/Signs/Flags are generally allowed if they meet the following conditions:
- They do not exceed 11”x17”.
- They are in good taste.
- They are not deemed offensive.
- They do not include profanity.
- They do not obstruct the view of any guests or any existing Smoothie King Center signage.
- They do not present a safety hazard.
Birmingham Squadron and the BJCC reserve the right to remove Banners/Signs/Flags at any time. Venue/Signs/Flags of a commercial nature are not permitted without specific permission from Venue Management. Please note these guidelines may change at any time due to event specifics, Show Management requests, etc.
Box Office & Will Call
On Squadron game days, the Legacy Arena Box Office and Will Call will open two (2) hours prior to tip-off through the end of halftime. When visiting Will Call, be sure to have your photo ID and credit card in hand to expedite the process.
Cameras and Recording Policies
No video cameras and no professional cameras with lenses longer than 6” are allowed inside the Legacy Arena. All other cameras are allowed.
Cashless Concessions and Merchandise
Legacy Arena is a cashless operation including all concessions, merchandise and parking. The Legacy Arena will accept all major credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment at any parking, retail or concession locations within Legacy Arena.
Catering and Concessions
Outside food and beverages of any kind may not be brought into Legacy Arena. Legacy Arena offers a wide variety of food and beverage choices. Concession favorites are offered along with a variety of other selections from specialty vendors.
- Anvil Grill
Sections 102 & 107
Menu: Burgers, Chicken Tenders and Fries, as well as many other game day favorites
- Crossroads Chicken
Menu: Nashville Hot Po Boy and other game day favorites
- Bridges Café
Menu: Birmingham Cubano-a-Brisket Grilled Cheese as well as many other game day favorites
- Lady Electra
Sections 101 & 126
Menu: Cocktails, Wine, assorted draft and canned beers
- Steel Town Taproom
Menu: Local Craft Beers from all over Birmingham and the Surrounding areas
- Box Car Brewhouse
Large assortment of Domestic, Premium and Craft beers
Children’s Ticket Policy
Children two and under do not require a ticket for admission. However, in order for a child to have his or her own seat, a ticket is required.
There are two (2) Club Level spaces in Legacy Arena, the Arena Club Level and the Upper Club Level. Both spaces offer first-class amenities along with food & beverage options. To plan your event for any day, please reach out to our sales staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in having your organization present the colors before a Squadron home game, please contact the Group Sales Department at (205) 719-0850 or email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: For some seats with close proximity to the court and players (specifically floor seats), G-League COVID protocols will apply. Specifically, seats within 15 feet of the court, players, benches, and scorer’s table will need to show proof of full COVID vaccination or a negative PCR or Antigen test within 48 hours of tip-off. For any questions, please contact the Squadron Ticket department at (205) 719-0850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Door Openings and Entrance Times
The A-entry gate, located at the corner of 9th Avenue & 19th Street North is the exclusive entrance to Legacy Arena for Birmingham Squadron games. This gate will open for ticket holders 1-hour prior to tip-off. We encourage all guests to arrive early to ensure you get to your seat before tip-off.
Legacy Arena has (4) passenger elevators for the 2021-2022 Season. You can find elevators in the following areas:
- Elevator 1 has access from the mezzanine or concourse level to the suite and club levels.
- Elevators 2 & 3 service the suites, and club areas and also provide access for ADA patrons to the concourse level. These elevators are located just off Main Entrance A, while also adjacent to the A2 premium entrance.
- Elevator 4 provides access to the Arena Club from the Concourse level and is located at Entry B off 19th Street.
Escalators are located at the Main A Entrance providing guests access to the Concourse level from the Main lobby, and access to the Club level from the Concourse level.
In the event of an emergency, please remain calm and WALK to the nearest exits, located at several points throughout the building. Please refer to the arena map for exact locations.
Fan Code of Conduct
The National Basketball Association Development League, the Birmingham Squadron, and Legacy Arena are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports and entertainment experience. NBA G League fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players and fans respect and appreciate each other.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language and obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated, or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court will be immediately ejected from the arena.
- Guests will smoke in designated smoking areas only.
- Obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing will not be permitted.
- Guests will comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
The Legacy Arena staff has been trained to intervene when necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard, or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to this Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection, without refund, and revocation of their season tickets. They may also be in violation of local ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution. The NBA G League, Birmingham Squadron, and Legacy Arena thank you for adhering to the provisions of the NBA G League Fan Code of Conduct.
Fans sending emails to Squadron players or coaches should address the email to email@example.com. You can also send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 950 22nd St N, Suite 925, Birmingham, AL 35216. Your email or mail will be passed along to the player or coach. The Squadron do not guarantee a response to any mail or email received.
Help the Birmingham Squadron stop the spread of Covid-19. You should NOT come to the arena if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have reason to believe you have COVID-19;
- Have reason to believe that you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have been in close contact (i.e., within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have taken any medication to reduce a fever within the last 2 days;
- Are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the last 14 days, COVID-19 symptoms, including a cough, fever, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, unexplained headache, body aches or pains, diarrhea, or other symptoms of illness, or have otherwise felt unwell in the last 24 hours;
- Have traveled internationally in the last 14 days; or
- Have had close contact with someone who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days.
- Have COVID-19, are experiencing or have within the last 48 hours experienced symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, or know you’ve been exposed to COVID-19.
Those that are most vulnerable to COVID-19 should exercise extra caution. Click here to review conditions that put people at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC.
There are two first aid stations in Legacy Arena, one location adjacent to the Main A entrance off the South lobby. There is a second location on the concourse level behind Section 127.
Call the Squadron before organizing your next group outing with your office, school, team, club or group of friends. Our Group Sales department will be happy to help you plan your event by providing ticket discounts, special seating arrangements, promotional materials, and personalized services at one of our games. To arrange for a group outing at a Squadron game, please call (205) 719-0850, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest services for the Birmingham Squadron events is located in the main A Entry lobby adjacent to the box office
Individual Ticket Information Visit our Birmingham Squadron tickets page to get tickets to any of our 24 home games in downtown Birmingham!
Lost & Found
To report lost or found items, proceed to the guest services kiosk located at the main A Entry lobby. After the conclusion of an event, guests can inquire about lost and found items by calling the lost and found at (205) 458-8400
Lost or Stolen Tickets
Lost or stolen tickets purchased through the Squadron will be replaced with the proper documentation. Please call the Squadron ticket office and provide your account ID number, name on account, and last four digits of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. Replacement tickets will only be distributed to the account holder of record. For tickets that are purchased from any other outlet other than the Squadron, you must contact the point of purchase for replacement.
Lost Children or Companions
Children who have lost their parents will be escorted to the nearest police officer, BJCC security team member, or to the closest Guest Services Booth. The child’s name will be registered and broadcast immediately to all Guest Services Booths, police, security, and usher personnel. Parents seeking a lost child should proceed to the Guest Services Booth for assistance in locating their child, which are located at the main A lobby entrance, adjacent to the box office.
Commander the Pelican wants to make your next special occasion perfect! Whether you are celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, a retirement, or a holiday, Commander wants to fly in and bring some Birmingham Squadron excitement from the court to you! To book Commander at your next event, email Samantha.Beck@pelicans.com.
Birmingham Squadron merchandise is available for purchase from the officlal team’s website. We also have a team store inside Legacy Arena located at the A- entry gate, located at the corner of 9th Avenue & 19th Street North. There will also be a merchandise kiosk located on the main concourse during each home game.
With Ticketmaster’s SafeTix™ Your Phone Is Your Ticket – Accessing your Squadron tickets is easy!
- Sign in to your “Account Manager” at am.ticketmaster.com/BHMbasketball and select your game.You can use the same email and password for both your Birmingham Squadron Basketball ticket account and your Ticketmaster account.No existing Ticketmaster account? No problem. Just click “Sign Up” and create an account using the same email address you used when purchasing your tickets.
- Holding tickets for others? Select the “Transfer” button and send tickets directly to them so you can meet at your seats.
- You can access tickets directly from Account Manager, but we strongly encourage you to add tickets to your phone’s digital wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Pay).Please note that your tickets will not be accessible in the Ticketmaster app.
- If using Apple Wallet, you’ll be able to simply “tap and go” to get in at the gate. Tap and go is coming soon to Google Pay.
If you are experiencing any issues with your mobile ticket please visit the Legacy Arena Box Office located at the A Entry Gate.
National Anthem Performers
Candidates interested in performing the National Anthem at a Squadron game, please email a full-length video of you singing the National Anthem to Samantha.Beck@pelicans.com.
Patrons with parking passes can find directions straight to your parking lot through the Waze app. Legacy Arena is located in downtown Birmingham at the BJCC. There are more than 10,000 parking spots available within a 10-minute walk of the Arena.
The Legacy Arena Management and Staff are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all. Any conduct detrimental to the safe and proper operation of an event such as, but not limited to, abusive language, threats, assault, vandalism, theft, and all other inappropriate actions will result in immediate eviction from the premises or arrest and prosecution as appropriate. Patrons are encouraged to report all such behavior to any Legacy Arena team member.
The following behaviors or activities are causes for eviction from the Legacy Arena:
- Failing to comply with arena policies
- Use of profanity or unacceptable language of any type
- Possession of illegal or unauthorized items
- Inappropriate or offensive attire
- Public intoxication
- Any attempt to alter or modify the existing pod seating system in the arena.
- Entering or attempting to enter any “off limit” area such as stage area, backstage, or restroom of the opposite sex
- Fighting or instigating a physical or verbal altercation
- Verbally abusing, threatening, or intimidating other patrons or building employees
- Throwing objects of any type
- Possession of stolen or counterfeit tickets
- Possession of any unauthorized banners or signs
- Attempted resale of tickets
Any other conduct deemed inappropriate by Venue Management will also result in eviction.
Squadron Account Manager
After season tickets or group tickets have been purchased from the Squadron, visit am.ticketmaster.com/BHMbasketball to create an Account Manager account. If you already have a Ticketmaster.com account with the same email address used to purchase your Squadron season tickets or group tickets, you can use the same login information as Ticketmaster.
Squadron Game Broadcasts
All Birmingham Squadron games are broadcasted locally on my68 and v94.9.
The following items are prohibited in the Legacy Arena
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals (with the exception of service animals)
- Any BAGS entering the venue must be smaller than 12” x 12” x 6” and be clear. Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Backpacks (of any size)
• Cinch bags
• Oversized luggage
• Small clutches and purses are permissible and do not have to be clear, provided that they are no larger than 5” x 7”.
- Audio/visual recording devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Banners/Flags: Spectators are not permitted to use or wave flags, banners, signs or other items that are affixed to any pole or stick made of wood, metal, plastic, or any other hard material, and that is more than 11 by 17 inches in size.
- Bats and clubs
- Beach Balls
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s)
- Containers of any kind
- Hard-sided Bags
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Substances
- iPads/ Tablets/ Laptop
- Large/oversized bags. Maximum bag size is a clear bag that is 12” width x 12” height x 6” depth
- Laser pointers or any similar devices
- Mace or pepper spray
- Mascot headwear of any kind
- Objects that create optical illusions (pinwheels, umbrellas, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage
- Professional and/or commercial cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses
- Selfie Sticks
- Tasers and Stun Guns
- Unauthorized marketing/soliciting/vending
- Any other item(s) deemed unacceptable by Venue Management
A public transportation stop is located on 19th Street and 10th Avenue North on the West Side of Legacy Arena. In addition, the Magic City Connector service from MAX has a stop on the East side of the BJCC, on Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. For a complete list of bus routes and schedules visit https://maxtransit.org/routes/.
Public safety is on site for all events at the Legacy Arena. For any safety related questions prior to attending an event, call the BJCC at (205) 458-8400. On site, contact any of the Legacy Arena staff members to report an issue or concern.
Re-entry is not permitted.
Restrooms are located at A-entry gate as well as along the main concourse and throughout Legacy Arena.
To purchase season tickets or to arrange for a group outing to a Squadron game, please call (205) 719-0850. Various payment options including American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, cash, or check are accepted.
It is unlawful to vape or smoke indoors in Legacy Arena.
The distribution of promotional items, flyers, pamphlets, printed materials, as well as the solicitation of signatures and autographs, is not permitted on BJCC property without prior, written authorization from Venue Management.
Designed to offer the very best in first-class amenities, personal service, and exclusivity, our Suites provide a self-controlled environment that can help generate new business, thank clients, reward employees, or celebrate family occasions. A full season Suite is the finest way to cater towards your entertainment needs. Please call (205) 719-0850 or email email@example.com.
As Legacy Arena wheelchair inventory is limited for patient transport in emergency responses, guests requiring mobility assistance should make arrangements to provide their own wheelchairs.